Have You Considered Motorized Shades?
What You Should Know Before Building Your New Home | By: Dan White
Since their inception, motorized window coverings have continued to grow in popularity and are increasingly being added to new homes and remodels in the Coeur d’Alene and Spokane area.
One big reason for this trend is that customers now have the option to purchase rechargeable battery wands or hardwire their window coverings. The idea of replacing batteries in high windows deters many homeowners from purchasing motorized shades, however, prewiring a home eliminates the need for homeowners to climb ladders and replace batteries every year.
The process of hardwiring window coverings into your new build or remodel is simple:
- Step 1: Connect with your preferred Spokane and Coeur d’Alene window covering provider. Once you choose the system and shade brand then we will provide the smaller details that your electrician needs for this process and answer any questions you may have on the different systems to choose from.
- Step 2: Purchase a power supply from your window covering dealer. A power supply transfers power from your outlet to each shade from a central location.
- Step 3: Have your electrician run low-voltage wiring from each window casing to a central location. Some suggested locations could be mechanical rooms, home network rooms, and/or specifically designed ventilated closets.
- Step 4: Choose your motorized window coverings! Once your home interior comes together, then it’s time to finalize the colors and fabrics.
- Step 5: Our certified motorization specialists complete installation. You now have window coverings that can be automated and integrated with your smart devices. And you never have to change batteries for them!